You can obtain a Myanmar visa in Kuala Lumpur from Ever Fine Travel & Tour for 223 ringgit / $52 – if you apply in the morning, you can get it in the afternoon. Continue reading for more information…
Where do you Apply for a Myanmar Visa in Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia?
I obtained my Myanmar visa in Kuala Lumpur,
embassy has outsourced the visa processing service exclusively to Ever Fine Travel & Tour.
This makes things simple for travellers – do not use any other agency & you won’t fall prey to any issues like this visa scam in Vietnam.
* Don’t forget to purchase travel insurance before any trip to Myanmar. We’ve been using World Nomads for over 10 years – it’s the best-value provider we’ve found & we’ve also never had any issues on the few occasions we’ve had to make a claim.
Ever Fine Travel & Tour
Address: No 19-21, M- Floor, Jalan Tun Perak, 5000 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: 03 2026 4075/ 03 20264076
Website: Ever Fine Services
Nearest LRT station: Masjid Jarmek (50m from the agency)
The agency is on the 2nd floor of the Happy Holiday Hotel, next to Coffee Box. There is clear signage.
Photo courtesy of Ever Fine Travel & Tour.
Myanmar Visa in Kuala Lumpur: Application Requirements
There are 4 types of visas available: Tourist, Business, Social Visit and Multiple Journey Entry.
For the tourist visa, you will need:
- Passport valid for a minimum 6 months from the departure date
- 2 passport-sized photographs (white back-ground)
- 223 Ringgit / $52.10 (inclusive of the 30 Ringgit / $7.00 service fee)
- Application form
- Photocopy of passport
- Address in Myanmar (to include on application form)
- Return flight confirmation
(If you are travelling overland, I suggest legitimately or illegitimately obtaining a return flight itinerary, for smoother processing facilitation)
Tourist visa conditions:
- May only stay in hotels and guesthouses – we recommend Booking.com
- Valid for 3 months from the date of issue
- Allows a stay of 28 days from the date of arrival (extendable for an additional 14 days)
Photo courtesy of Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia.
Myanmar Visa in Kuala Lumpur: Application Process
The process is very straightforward:
- Pick up an application form and take a number from the person at the service counter
- Hand over your application
- Go away
- Come back to pick up your passport & Myanmar visa
- Go to Myanmar
Opening hours for the agency are: 9:30-12:30 and 1:30-5:00pm.
Morning applications can be picked-up later on the same day, otherwise there is a 24hr turnover.
You do not need to take a number and wait to pick up your passport and visa, just go directly to the counter.
Photo courtesy of ZaraAb Travel.
Know Before You Go
Myanmar Visa in Kuala Lumpur Agency: Ever Fine Travel & Tour, Kuala Lumpur
Cost of Visa: 223 Ringgit / $52.10
Visa Application Requirements: 2 passport-sized photos, photocopy of passport, address in Myanmar, return flight confirmation
Turnover: Same day or 24 hours
Did you enjoy reading How to Get a Myanmar Visa in Kuala Lumpur (KL)?
Pin it and help others find it too!
Easy DIY travel outside city centres using public transport
* This post contains affiliate links, which means that we receive a small commission if you click on a link & purchase something that we have recommended – at no extra cost to you. This helps us to keep our site running so we can continue to provide free content. Thank you for your support!
Obtained in May 2014