Your Disney World ticket will be your biggest expense in visiting the Happiest Place on Earth – find out the different types of tickets available & where to buy the cheapest discount tickets!
Deciding Which Disney World Ticket to Buy
To find the Disney World right ticket, you need to make the following decisions:
- How many days do you want to spend at Disney?
- Do you want to visit more than 1 park a day?
- Do you want to visit any Water Parks?
Types of Tickets at Disney World
There are many types of Disney World tickets available, these are the 4 most popular:
- Base Ticket or Magic Your Way – 1 theme park per day, no park-hopping & no water park
- Park Hopper – Same-day access to all 4 theme parks, no water parks
- Water Park Fun & More* – 1 theme park per day, 1 Water Park and/or “Fun Visit” per number of ticket days
- Park Hopper + Water Park Fun & More* – Same-day access to all 4 theme parks, 1 Water Park and/or “Fun Visit” per number of ticket days
* Re: “Fun Visits” – eg. if you have a 3 Day Ticket, you get 3 “Fun Visits.” You can use more than 1 Fun Visit a day but you only get 3 Fun Visits in total for the 3 days. Additional benefits are included such as one round of mini-gold a day & 30 minutes of gaming at the Playsation Pavilion.
Photo courtesy of The Disney Blog.
Are there Discount Tickets at Disney World?
There are no discounts for buying tickets in advance directly from Disney World.
However, discounts are offered by authorized ticket sellers, who buy wholesale directly from Disney & sell them at a slight mark-up price.
Photo courtesy of Undercover Tourist.
Buy Discount Tickets with Undercover Tourist
We recommend using Undercover Tourist, who is accredited as an official Disney Parks USA Selected Ticket Seller. (Affiliate Link)
We suggest spending 1 full day at each of the 4 theme parks at Disney World: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios & Animal Kingdom.
Undercover Tourist often has a promotion for a “4 Day Ticket + extra day.” This means that you receive a 5 Day Ticket for the same price as a 4 Day Ticket (Magic Your Way & Park-Hopper only).
They offer the cheapest tickets available from authorized resellers – approximately $13 cheaper than buying at the gate.
Photo courtesy of Valid Coupons.
Current prices including all taxes, fees & free shipping:
- 5 Day Base Ticket or Magic Your Way – $348.59
1 theme park per day, no park-hopping & no water park
- 5 Day Park-Hopper – $413.27
Same-day access to all 4 theme parks, no water parks
- 5 Day Water Park Fun & More – $408.21
1 theme park per day, 5 Water Park and/or “Fun Visits”
- 5 Day Park-Hopper Water Park Fun & More – $441.39
Same-day access to all 4 theme parks, 5 Water Park and/or “Fun Visits”
*** If you’re comparing prices with other sites, note that not all websites advertise their prices with taxes & fees – you may need to add tickets to a cart & checkout to view the final price ***
Mailed or Emailed Tickets?
You can choose to have tickets mailed or emailed to you.
Mailed tickets are refundable & you can go straight to the gate at Disney World.
Emailed tickets are non-refundable & you must exchange them at a will-call location before admission (unless you have a Magic Band, then you can go straight to the gate with emailed tickets)
*** The Final Word – Buy the cheapest Disney World discount tickets at Undercover Tourist! ***
Which ticket did you buy to Disney World?
Easy DIY travel outside city centres using local transport
Visited in January 2016
Cover image courtesy of Disney Dining.
* This post contains an affiliate link for Undercover Tourist. DIY Travel HQ stands behind each product we advertise, and we make sure it fits our independent travel niche. Clicking on the link costs you nothing extra, but we earn a small commission. Each post requires multiple hours if not days to publish, and affiliate links help us to be able to provide free material for you to enjoy! We appreciate your continued interest in our blog.